Sunday, December 3, 2017

On Hiatus


A week ago I did that thing we all, at a certain age, fear more than anything. I fell at home and broke my shoulder.  this is what good luck looks like, a clean break that should heal on its own if I can just be patient, be still in my sophisticated sling, and learn to accept help. So, I will be reading a LOT but writing little until I can use my right hand again. Bear with me, I'll be back.

2 recommendations for this week:

The Library at the Edge of the World by Felicity Hayes-McCoy and

An American Marriage by Tayari Jones

2 comments:

Gloria Drake said...

I've heard of all kinds of ways to create more reading time. Can't say I want to try this one. Hope you feel better soon and glad you can indulge in some good, quiet reading time. Really appreciate your reviews. Keep them coming. -GD

Sallyb said...

Hi Gloria, Thanks so much! Agree, this is not the way to carve out more reading time. Still hoping we will get to meet one day.